North Carolina high school student dies after being shot by classmate in hallway fight that played out on Instagram

Monday, October 29, 2018
By Paul Martin

Student was shot and killed in an altercation that was broadcast on Instagram
Butler High School in Matthews, North Carolina was on lock-down Monday morning after a shooting ‘believed to be an isolated incident’ at 7.15am
Law enforcement obtained the weapon that the suspect, believed to be male, used according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
A witness said she heard ‘a pop’ before the two people involved started ‘wrestling on the ground’
Worried parents were finally reunited with their children at 9.15am
Some students remained in class for the day while others obtained a green slip to be signed off

29 October 2018

A student at a North Carolina high school has died after being shot by another student before class Monday morning.

The victim was undergoing surgery after being left in critical condition from the 7.15am incident but passed away later, police confirmed.

Footage from Instagram showed limited views of the altercation at Butler High School in Matthews – 12 miles outside of Charlotte – that led to one child dying.

The suspect, believed to be male, was taken into custody immediately after the shooting and law enforcement obtained the weapon used.

The victim, also believed to be male, was taken to Carolinas Medical Center Main at around 7.42am but was declared dead a few hours later after undergoing surgery.

According to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) Superintendent Dr. Clayton Wilcox, the shooting occurred in the main hallway of the school.

Clips from a student’s account, calling the incident ‘kinda crazy’ showed the packed out hallway as the suspect pulled a gun on the victim.

‘He’s got a gun!’ one screamed.

Detectives interviewed shaken-up students who may have seen the shooting.

One girl told WCNC she witnessed the altercation, noting she heard ‘a pop’ before the two people involved started ‘wrestling on the ground’.

Guardians and parents were advised of the incident via email and telephone calls, CMS said.

Parents were allowed onto the Butler HS campus two hours later, once the lock-down was lifted by law enforcement at around 9.15am.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter