North Carolina residents face WEEKS without power after Florence unleashes fresh hell with new deluge of rain, downed trees and flash floods as winds slow but storm system comes to a standstill over the state

Saturday, September 15, 2018
By Paul Martin

The number of people without power in North Carolina is approaching one million, and it is likely to take weeks to restore electricity in some parts
Florence has been downgraded to a tropical storm and winds were less than 50MPH by Saturday afternoon, but the weather system was moving at 2MPH
There have been eight deaths so far in the storm, and on Saturday morning President Trump issued a disaster declaration for parts of the state
Relief efforts are being delayed and families have been told they cannot return to their homes in evacuated areas due to downed power lines and debris
The rain brought by the storm was also reaching historic levels as of Saturday afternoon, bringing up to four feet in some areas

By CHRIS SPARGO
DAILYMAIL.COM
15 September 2018

Hurricane Florence may have been downgraded to a tropical storm, but on Saturday afternoon it continued to unleash hell on the residents of North Carolina.

More than 24 hours after it first made landfall in North Carolina, the storm had moved to almost a standstill over the region, travelling as slowly as 2 MPH at one point.

The slow progression of the weather system combined with the consonant rain and storm surge has now resulted in relief efforts being delayed and families being told they cannot yet return to their homes in evacuated areas.

There have been eight deaths so far in the storm, and on Saturday morning President Trump issued a disaster declaration for parts of the state that will make the rebuilding process easier for residents in some counties.

He is planning to visit the area next week.

Wilmington Mayor Bill Safo said that power could be out for weeks.

‘Give us the time to get these roads cleared and give us the time to get the power crews in here to start getting the power back on,’ Mayor Safo said in an interview with CBS News.

‘There’s really no reason to come back until we get that done. And right now they would be in our way because we’ve got so much debris in the road it’s going to take some time and we haven’t had a chance to get out there because the storm has been upon us for two days.’

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter