EBOLA OUTBREAK: Killer disease WARNING as fresh cases discovered – ‘We need calm’

Wednesday, August 1, 2018
By Paul Martin

AN Ebola virus outbreak has been confirmed in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo’s North Kivu province, the country’s Governor has confirmed.

By PAUL WITHERS
Express.co.uk
Wed, Aug 1, 2018

The health ministry said four cases of the virus have been confirmed, while 20 deaths from hemorrhagic fever have also been recorded in the area.

Julien Paluku wrote on Twitter: “Ebola virus conformed in North Kivu province.

“The Minister of Health just announced it after confirmation of the analysis at the INRB (Institut National de Recherche Biomédicale).

“I call for calm and prudence.”

On Monday, the country’s health ministry said it had foound 25 cases of fever near the town of Beni and that samples had been sent to the capital Kinshasa for testing.

It added that there is no evidence that the new Ebola cases are linked to a previous outbreak, which began in April and occurred over 2,500 kilometres away.

Last week, DR Congo confirmed the end of a separate outbreak that killed 33 people in the northwest.

Congolese and international health officials deployed an experimental vaccine that helped contain its spread after it reached a large river port city.

In May, international experts said there has been a massive change in the urgency of the Congolese government to highlight the risks of the virus spreading, which was downplayed during the 2014 Western African epidemic.

Protection were distributed to local hospitals and traveller screening commenced, even before the first cases of the contagious virus were confirmed by health officials.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter