‘Vastly outnumbered’ US troops could ‘LOSE A WAR’ against North Korea, US Chief warns

Friday, November 10, 2017
By Paul Martin

US TROOPS are vastly outnumbered and undersupplied if World War 3 with North Korea breaks out, Lieutenant General Jan-Marc Jouas warned in a leaked letter to members of Congress.

By THOMAS MACKIE
Express.co.uk
Sat, Nov 11, 2017

The army veteran said even limited military action against North Korea could cause a full-scale war leaving the US “vastly outnumbered by North Korean forces.”

The use of nuclear weapons by Kim Jong-un could not be ruled out and a full-scale war would probably not destroy Pyongyang’s nuclear capability totally he warned.

Lt Gen Jouas said the US “are vastly outnumbered by North Korean forces, as well as allied forces that will conduct the overwhelming majority of the fighting.”

He went on to say that the US could also have problems in getting reinforcements or new supplies, adding troops “may well find their bases subject to attack by conventional or chemical weapons, which will further delay their entry into the war”.

he Deputy Commander added: “An enormous casualty and evacuee crisis will develop and include over 100,000 non-combatant Americans, many of who will turn to US forces to get them off the peninsula.”

US Defence Secretary James Mattis has said the results of conflict would be “catastrophic”.

There are currently around 28,500 US personnel in South Korea, although new reports place recent figures both higher and lower.

According to the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), a US think-tank, Pyongyang has around 1.1million personnel in its armed forces, however.

The CFR added in a recent analysis: “Although Pyongyang is outspent by its neighbours and adversaries in dollar-to-dollar comparisons and defence experts say it operates with ageing equipment and technology, the regime’s forward-deployed military position and missiles aimed at Seoul ensure that Pyongyang’s conventional capabilities remain a constant threat to its southern neighbour.”

Lt. Gen Jouas’ letter comes at a time of heightened tension between the US and North Korea, with Donald Trump in the middle of his tour of Asia.

In Seoul earlier this week he said: “It makes sense for North Korea to come to the table and make a deal that is good for the people of North Korea and for the world.”

Meanwhile, Donald Trump is believed to have signed 37 major deals between US and Chinese companies during his Asia tour.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply

Join the Revolution - Enter Any Donation Amount Below to Revolution Radio!