North Korea drought: 18 MILLION could starve to death as Kim diverts funds to build nukes

Wednesday, November 8, 2017
By Paul Martin

NORTH KOREA’S Kim Jong-un has been accused of diverting cash to fund nuclear missile development while 18 million people edge closer to death due to a devastating drought.

By REBECCA PERRING
Express.co.uk
Wed, Nov 8, 2017

United Nations chiefs will visit the country urgently before it is too late to “make the case very clearly that innocent children should not starve to death”.

David Beasley, head of the UN World Food programme, revealed the plans as he blamed the portly leader for ploughing money into his growing nuclear programme instead of helping his 18 million citizens who are “food insecure”.

Of those, 200,000 children are suffering with acute malnutrition, according to UNICEF.

Mr Beasley said: “I think the North Korean government understands, as I have made it clear, that Western donors don’t feel comfortable giving, because money that they think should be helping children is being used to build a nuclear programme.”

The United Nations is currently seeking £40million ($52m) for North Korea, but has so far received just £11.5m ($15m) to help North Korean citizens at risk of starvation and drought-related disease.

It has warned the World Food Programme (WFP) may have to suspend assistance if they do not receive an urgent £7.6m ($10m) contribution.

Speaking of his planned visit, Mr Beasley said: “We don’t want access for spying.

“We want access so we can make sure that people who need the food are getting the food.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply

Join the Revolution - Enter Any Donation Amount Below to Revolution Radio!