Trump’s Plan to Increase Military Contingents in M East a ‘Dangerous Move’

Saturday, April 29, 2017
By Paul Martin

SputnikNews.com
29.04.2017

US President Donald Trump has granted the power to decide on how many troops should take part in anti-Daesh operations in Iraq and Syria to the Pentagon earlier this week. The move could lead to an increase of the number of US military in the Middle East.

In an interview with Sputnik, political expert Alexei Muraviev said that the decision was made by Washington in the absence of a clear foreign policy line in the Middle East.

“So far, Donald Trump has just allowed an increase of the US contingent in Syria and Iraq. What else his new militaristic turn will include is a rhetorical question. The most important question is whether the Trump administration has any foreign policy strategy in the Middle East at all,” the expert said.

Muraviev recalled Trump’s statements made during his pre-election campaign. At that time, he announced that the US should focus on its internal problems and withdraw its troops from the region.

“Now — taking into account the fact that he has been completely blocked in his domestic political initiatives — he decided to switch to the Middle East without any intelligible program. This is solely about saber-rattling with rockets, etc. This is very dangerous move,” the expert stressed.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter