HOW THE U.S. NURTURES JIHADISTS ON ITS OWN SOIL

Friday, August 26, 2016
By Paul Martin

‘Welfare for ISIS’ story rocks Maine as governor blows whistle

LEO HOHMANN
WND.com
Aug 25, 2016

Maine Gov. Paul LePage is seeking sweeping changes in the way refugees are awarded welfare benefits after he blew the whistle on an “embarrassing” situation in his own state.

An Iranian refugee left Maine to fight for ISIS while he and his family received food stamps and other benefits for four years.

LePage is calling for an audit of all taxpayer-funded payouts to refugees in his state and nationwide, the Boston Herald reported in an article titled, “Welfare for ISIS: The outrageous case of Iranian refugee Adnan Fazeli.”

Fazeli, 38, came to Freeport, Maine, in 2009 and was killed last year on the battlefield in Lebanon after abandoning his wife and three kids to join the Caliphate’s army, according to federal court documents unsealed this week and disclosed by the Herald.

The family’s food stamps and welfare checks were cut off in 2013, Maine officials told the Herald, after Fazeli left the state for Turkey in his drive to become an ISIS fighter.

LePage said the outrageous revelation of an ISIS convert in his midst has left him “embarrassed” and outraged at President Obama’s “failed” vetting of immigrants, adding he’s fed up with states like his being left to deal with the refugee crisis.

“If people need to eat, I’ll feed them. But I want to keep Americans safe,” LePage told the Herald. “This is very embarrassing to the state of Maine, and I point the finger at the president and say, ‘How did this happen?’ If the federal government doesn’t do their job we don’t know what we’re getting.”

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply