El Hierro Volcano:933 earthquakes since June 24
El Hierro Volcano : Green and Yellow alert – More strong earthquakes tonight
June 30, 2012
Update 29/06 – 23:55 UTC
- 40 minutes of strong activity started at 20:45 UTC
- Epicenters of the last batch of listed earthquakes are almost all located to the west of the lighthouse. The hypocenters or getting bit by bit shallower
- A number of quakes tonight have been felt by the El Hierro people
- 168 earthquakes have been listed on June 29
- The last 17 earthquakes were all more than M2!
Update 29/06 – 22:19 UTC
- A couple of strong M3 earthquakes have rattled the island recently.
- We are currently working at a very strong earthquake in China. Very shallow and M6.6, in other words EXTREMELY dangerous. Luckily in a sparsely populated area. If you are interested in following the events of this earthquake, click on this link to read our in depth article. The current article will remain open.
Update 29/06 – 18:46 UTC
- 136 earthquakes have been listed so far at IGN
- Still a lot of earthquakes. The depth still at 18 to 21 km
- The latest 20 earthquake’s epicenters are in average migrated to the north-west below the western tip of the island as can be seen on the Avcan image below (earlier today merely in the Las Calmas sea)