Qatar announces fourth MERS death

Sunday, November 24, 2013
By Paul Martin

France24.com
22 NOVEMBER 2013

An expatriate living in Qatar has died of MERS, bringing to four the number of deaths in the Gulf state from the coronavirus, health authorities said on Friday.

The 48-year-old had other pre-existing health problems, Qatar’s Supreme Council of Health in a statement.

It was the second death reported in Qatar this week. On Tuesday the emirate reported the death of a 61-year-old expatriate.

Two other deaths were reported in early September.

In addition, a Qatari man died in a London hospital in late June after contracting the virus.

The World Health Organisation said on Wednesday that it has been notified of 155 laboratory-confirmed cases of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus worldwide so far, including 64 deaths, most of them in Qatar’s larger neighbour Saudi Arabia.

Experts are struggling to understand the disease, for which there is no vaccine.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply

Support Revolution Radio

For a limited time only, your donation get you a special perk. Every $30.00 donation gets you a fancy "say no to Government Hat". Every $20.00 donation gets you the same, but on a wonderful coffee mug. Just click the button below and give till it hurts...