POLITICS, RELIGION AND THE MILITARY, A RECIPE FOR DISASTER

Sunday, September 12, 2010
By Paul Martin

GORDON DUFF
MyCatbirdSeat.com

AMERICAN HATE; MILITARY “DEATH SQUAD” ARRESTED

A dozen American soldiers are under arrest, five for murder, in crimes that we may never know the full extent of. The accusations, killing for sport, collecting fingers as trophies, is “meat” for the media. It will sell papers, it will bring TV viewers and, combined with the threatened Koran burning and the “hatefest” over the Manhattan Islamic Center, everything imaginable is being done to make certain that terrorism is alive and well and aimed at the United States.

The Koran burning is cancelled but we can’t undo the murders, not this set, not the last nor the decade long nightmare beginning, not with 9/11 but the election of George W. Bush, or more honestly, Dick Cheney.

Today’s killers, accused killers, alleged killers, are they serial killers, criminal psychopaths, or “boys out for a good time and things got a bit out of hand?” Do we blame them or the America’s failed attempt to build a permanent wartime standing army, replacing traditions with cheap politics and “revival tent” religion?

A normal argument that “liberals” make is that it wasn’t them but their environment that was responsible. That’s just an excuse and we all know it. We also know that this isn’t the first time this has happened. The stories, all verified, of kidnapping and rape as with Dr. Aafia or dragging detainees behind vehicles, torturing them with power tools or flying them to the ends of the earth, Egypt, Bulgaria, Poland, “one way trips” that no “detainee” has ever returned from or has ever survived, are no different than these new crimes.

We also can no longer ignore the fact that, thus far, over 75% of our “terrorist detainees” are the wrong people, simply “mistaken identity.” The remaining 25% are waiting for court dates for release. Estimates that as low as 5% of those captured, detained, really kidnapped, during the Bush administration were ever involved in anything.

These are the facts, not published but real, the results of court records open to every American.

When Attorney General Alberto Gonzales issued opinions that kidnapping, torture and indefinite detention of anyone, American citizen or not was, in his opinion “legal” he knew where this would go.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply