Novel Coronavirus Claims First Victim In Africa

Thursday, May 23, 2013
By Paul Martin

Chris Carrington
The Daily Sheeple
May 23rd, 2013

A Tunisian man has died of the novel coronavirus that has claimed lives in the Middle East and Europe. It’s the first recorded case in Africa.

The Health Ministry said that the man, a 66 year old, had recently visited Saudi Arabia. So far the World Heath Organization has said only that they haven’t changed their risk assessment but it does show that the disease continues to spread.

Eight countries have now had cases, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar, The United Arab Emirates, France, Germany and the UK in addition to Tunisia.

The man who was a diabetic had felt unwell on his return from Saudi Arabia and was admitted to hospital in Monastir where he later died. He infected two of his children with the virus but they are said to be responding to treatment.

A new death in saudi Arabia has also been reported today bringing the death toll to 21.

Out of the 42 known cases 21 people have died.

Leave a Reply