State Dept ‘had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged consulate in Benghazi’…

Thursday, September 13, 2012
By Paul Martin

Revealed: inside story of US envoy’s assassination

Exclusive: America ‘was warned of embassy attack but did nothing’

KIM SENGUPTA
INDEPENDENTUK
FRIDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2012

The killings of the US ambassador to Libya and three of his staff were likely to have been the result of a serious and continuing security breach, The Independent can reveal.

American officials believe the attack was planned, but Chris Stevens had been back in the country only a short while and the details of his visit to Benghazi, where he and his staff died, were meant to be confidential.

The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the “safe house” in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed “safe”.

Some of the missing papers from the consulate are said to list names of Libyans who are working with Americans, putting them potentially at risk from extremist groups, while some of the other documents are said to relate to oil contracts.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply

Support Revolution Radio