81 RESIGNATIONS FROM WORLD BANKS…(Rats Leaving The Ship!)
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2012
(Just in Feb 2012!…)
(26) 2/01/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA falls as deputy CEO steps down [UK Barclay’s Bank Controlledl
(27) 2/01/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Truett Tate – Lloyds Bankging Group head of wholesale quits
(28) 2/01/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Tim TOokey – Llyods Banking Group leaving end of February having served as interim group chief executive in addition to group finance director
“Mr Tookey, who has been with the group since 2006, will leave at the end of February after preparing the bank’s accounts for 2011. He will not get a pay-off.”
(29) 2/02/12 (VENEZUELA) Key Chavez Minister Resigns Amid Banking Corruption Fallout
(30) 2/05/12 (USA – NY) Two Top Morgan Stanley Bankers Resign
(31) 2/06/12 (INDIA) Dhanlaxmi Bank CEO Amitabh Chaturvedi quits: http://www.livemint.com/2012/02/06160111/Dhanlaxmi-Bank-CEO-Amitabh-Cha.html
(32) 2/7/12 (USA) Bank Of America’s Mortgage Business Chief Resigns
(33) 2/07/12 (INDIA) Falguni Nayar quits Kotak Mahindra Bank
(34) 2/07/12 (IRAN) Iran denies central bank resignation rumor (don’t believe until its denied?)
(35) 2/09/12 (VATICAN) Four Priests Charged In Vatican Banking Scandal
(36) 2/10/12 (KOREA) Korea Exchange Bank chief steps down
(37) 2/10/12 (INDIA) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank CEO resigns
(38) 2/13/12 (KUWAIT) Kuwait Central Bank CEO resigns
(39) 2/14/12 (NICARAQUA) Nicaraqua Central Bank Pres Rosales resigns
(40) 2/14/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Social finance pioneer Hayday steps down from Charity Bank
(41) 2/14/12 (UKRAINE) The National Bank of Ukraine issued a short statement on Thursday announcing the resignation of deputy governor Volodymyr Krotiuk.
(42) 2/15/12 (WORLD) World Bank CEO Zoellick resigns
Did the White House tell the World Bank president that he’s out?
(43) 2/15/12 (SLOVENIA) Slovenia TWO largest Banks CEO’s (2) resign
(44) 2/15/12 (KENYA) Governor of Kenyan Central Bank to Resign
(45) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) The Financial Services Authority’s (FSA’s) interim managing director, Conduct Business Unit, Margaret Cole, is to step down later this year.
FSA is the regulator of all providers of financial services in the UK; Bank of England retains
responsibility for systemic risk.
(46) 2/16/12 (GHANA) Ken Ofori-Atta steps down as Executive Chair of Databank Group
(47) 2/16/12 (SAUDI ARABIA) Saudi Hollandi Banks Managing Director Quits
(48) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Anz Bank CFO Australia resigns
(49) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Royal Bank of Scotland Bankers Arrested
(50) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Royal Bank of Scotland Austrailan CEO Stephen Williams resigns
(51) 2/17/12 (USA) Blankfein out as Goldman Sachs CEO by summer
(52) 2/17/12 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Council President Hansueli Raggenbass To Leave Central Bank
(53) 2/18/12 (PAKISTAN) AJK Bank’s executive steps down
(54) 2/20/12 (RUSSIA) Head of Russian Bank Regulator Steps Down
(55) 2/20/12 (SWITZERLAND) Credit Suisse Chief Joseph Tan resigns
(56) 2/20/12 (ISRAEL) Bank Leumi le-Israel Ltd. : Mr. Zvi Itskovitch Announces his Decision to Redesign From Bank Leumi
(57) 2/20/12 (USA) R. David Land Submits Resignation from the Boards of Directors of Peoples Bancorporation, Inc. and Seneca National Bank
(58) 2/20/12 (USA WA) First Financial Northwest Director Quits in Candy Austerity Push[shades of the movie The Caine Mutiny?] First Financial Northwest Inc., a Renton, Washington-based lender, said director Spencer Schneider resigned after asking the bank to remove pictures of past directors and serve only hard candies at annual meetings.Schneider made the requests at a Feb. 15 board meeting as “symbols of austerity,” and also asked that the bank suspend serving refreshments at the annual shareholders’ meeting, offering just hard candies instead, he said. Schneider, general counsel for shareholder Joseph Stilwell, resigned immediately when the company asked that his requests be placed on the agenda for a board meeting next month, the bank said yesterday.
(59) 2/21/12 (ARGENTINA) The general manager of the Central Bank of Argentina (BCRA), Benigno Velez, resigned his position today.
(60) 2/21/12 (BANGLADESH) Five bank, insurance directors resign
(61) 2/21/12 (JAPAN) CITIBANK JAPAN: Bakhshi is taking over duties from Brian Mccappin, who the bank said in December would resign after the unit was banned for two weeks from trading tied to the London and Tokyo interbank offered rates.
(62) 2/22/12 (USA) Wietschner, Goldman Hedge Fund Advisory Chief, Retires
(63) 2/23/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) Richard Gush resigns from Standard Bank
(64) 2/23/12 (SCOTLAND) Royal Bank of Scotland Group has announced that John McFarlane will step down as a Non-executive Director on 31 March 2012, as a regulatory condition of his impending appointment at Aviva.
(65) 2/24/12 (INDIA) Breaking: ICICI Bank GC Pramod Rao resigns, may start up law firm
(66) 2/24/12 (HONG KONG) Citigroup Private Bank’s Co-Head of Global Real Estate Resigns
Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) — Kwang Meng Quek, co-head of the global real estate group at Citigroup Inc.’s private banking unit, resigned.
(67) 2/24/12 (NEW ZEALAND) FSF Executive Director resigns
After two years leading the Financial Services Federation (“FSF”) executive director, Kirk Hope has resigned to take up the role of chief executive of the New Zealand Bankers? Association.
(68) 2/24/12 (USA) Evercore’s Mestre steps down as U.S. banking head
(Reuters) – Eduardo Mestre has stepped down as day-to-day head of Evercore Partners Inc’s U.S. investment banking business, the New York-based company said in a regulatory filing
(69) 2/25/12 (AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND) Goldman Sachs: Fitz quits
Stephen Fitzgerald has resigned as Australia and New Zealand chairman and advisory director at Goldman Sachs, after 20 years with the bank. His departure comes less than a year after Goldman took full control of its Australian joint venture, formerly known as Goldman Sachs JBWere.
(70) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank Americas chief steps down
(71) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Ebrahim Ebrahim quits as CEO of Khaleeji Commercial Bank
(72) 2/27/12 (FRANCE) Societe Generale’s Investment Banking Chief Steps Down
(73) 2/27/12 (MALAYSIA) Elaf Bank CEO Dr El Jaroudi resigns
(74) 2/27/12 (JAPAN) Nomura’s Head Of Wholesale Banking Quits
(75) 2/27/12 (INDIA) Falguni Nayar Quits Kotak Mahindra Bank
(76) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Equiduct chairman steps down
(77) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Al Zain steps down as Mumtalakat Holding CEO
The board of directors of Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company (Mumtalakat),Bahrain’s Sovereign Wealth Fund, has accepted the resignation of the Chief Executive Officer, Talal Al Zain, following the completion of a four year term as head of the investment arm for non-oil and gas assets of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
(78) 2/27/12 (IRAN) Iran’s Bank Melli CEO Resigns Over Loan Scam
(79) 2/27/12 (INDIA/KASHMIR) AJK Bank’s Executive Steps Down
(80) 2/27/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Moreno to step down at Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking Group has announced that Glen Moreno, its senior independent director, intends not to seek re-election at the bank’s annual general meeting on 17th May, and will retire from the board on that date.
(81) 2/28/12 (HONG KONG) Leung `to enjoy life’ as she calls it quits