WHAT HAVE WE BECOME?
By Paul Proctor
April 27, 2011
The command from Jesus was so simple:
“Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15)
How complicated is that?
The world is right outside our door; and yet, look at the “church” today and what those claiming to be His disciples and witnesses are actually conveying to that world just in the latest headlines alone:
• ‘Church Sucks’ But Come Anyway?
• Many Born-Again Christians Hold Universalist Views
• Utah church offers free Korans in Easter gesture
• Worst place to Celebrate Easter Is in Church, Says Pastor
• Nashville-area church offers drive-thru prayer
• Church’s ‘Dance Your Shoes Off’ video goes viral
• Survey Reveals Decade-Long ‘Erosion’ of Traditional U.S. Congregations
• ‘A Massive Shift Coming in What it Means to Be a Christian”
Is it any wonder there is so much confusion about Who Jesus is, what He did and what He taught – and that so many frustrated Bible believers are wandering from church to church these days looking for someone to simply preach it and teach it as it is written?