Coronavirus latest: Barcelona CONFIRMS case in patient travelling from Italy to Spain

Tuesday, February 25, 2020
By Paul Martin

CORONAVIRUS has hit mainland Spain after a woman tested positive for the delay virus.

By BRIAN MCGLEENON
Express.co.uk
Tue, Feb 25, 2020

Catalonia’s regional health department has confirmed Covid-19 has hit the major tourist destination in what is the first confirmed case of Coronavirus in mainland Spain. The 36-yer-old woman had just returned from northern Italy, after a ten day visit earlier this month. This is the first case of the coronavirus to be confirmed on mainland Spain.

The woman has been admitted in Barcelona’s Hospital Clinic where she is being treated in isolation.

Authorities said she was 36-year-old Italian citizen living in Barcelona who visited the Bergamo and Milan area of northern Italy between February 12th and 22nd.

Authorities in Barcelona said: “We have already identified all those she may have been in contact with and they are being assessed and are being assessed.”

The Generalitat said it has “activated coronavirus protocol” to deal with the case and would be giving more information shortly.

The news comes a day after an Italian man tested positive for the virus on the Canary Island of Tenerife, where the hotel in which he is staying has been put on lock down.

It is the fourth confirmed case on Spanish territory following two other patients who have subsequently been given the all clear- one on the Canary Island of La Gomera and the other in Mallorca – and discharged from hospital.

The case has reportedly been confirmed by the Catalunya health authorities.

It comes after a hotel in Tenerife and its more than 1,000 guests have been placed under quarantine.

The Rest…HERE

One Response to “Coronavirus latest: Barcelona CONFIRMS case in patient travelling from Italy to Spain”

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter