China’s isolation continues as coronavirus death toll reaches 259 and World Health Organisation warns other countries to prepare for ‘outbreak control’ if disease spreads

Saturday, February 1, 2020
By Paul Martin

Coronavirus spread to more than two dozen nations, as nations limit exposure
China toughened its own quarantine measures at centre of the outbreak in Hubei
It came after US temporarily barred entry to foreigners who had been in China
Australia has said that it was barring entry to non-citizens arriving from China

By GERARD COUZENS and EMILY WEBBER
DAILYMAIL.COM
1 February 2020

China faced deepening isolation over its coronavirus epidemic today as the death toll soared to 259 – with the US and Australia leading nations in imposing Chinese travel bans.

With Britain, Russia and Sweden among the countries confirming their first infections, the virus has now spread to more than two dozen nations, sending governments scurrying to limit their exposure.

China toughened its own quarantine measures at the centre of the outbreak in Hubei province, a day after the US temporarily barred entry to foreigners who had been in China within the past two weeks.

‘Foreign nationals, other than immediate family of US citizens and permanent residents… will be denied entry into the United States,’ Health Secretary Alex Azar said.

Australia said it was barring entry to non-citizens arriving from China, while Australian citizens who had travelled there would be required to go into ‘self-isolation’ for two weeks.

Vietnam suspended all flights from mainland China and Hong Kong effective from Saturday. Taiwan also initially appeared on the list of banned routes but references to the self-ruled island were later removed.

Similar expansive restrictions have been announced by countries including Italy, Singapore, and China’s northern neighbour Mongolia.

The US, Japan, Britain, Germany and other nations had already advised their citizens not to travel to China.

Britain said Saturday it was temporarily withdrawing some diplomatic staff and their families from across the country, a day after the US State Department ordered embassy employees to send home family members under the age of 21.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter