Florida Carry Reacts to Pensacola: ‘Let Military Men, Women Carry on Base’

Saturday, December 14, 2019
By Paul Martin

by Dave Workman
Ammoland.com
December 13, 2019

U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Florida Carry, Inc., the citizen activist group crusading for full carry rights in the Sunshine State, has issued an open appeal to the military to allow active duty personnel to carry for their own protection when on base, one day after the family of one Pensacola victim appeared on Fox News contending that if he had been armed, he might have been able to stop the shooter.

The family of Naval Academy graduate Ensign Joshua Kaleb Watson appeared on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday to tell how the 23-year-old hero, who was hit five times but still managed to provide crucial information to responding lawmen about the killer, said he was a “marksman” who could have acted, had he been armed.

The 202-word statement from Florida Carry is direct.

“The right to keep and bear arms is sacrosanct in our republic. We also recognize that self-defense is a natural right and an individual responsibility. It is our position that members of our Armed Forces should not be denied of these constitutional and natural rights simply because he or she finds himself or herself on a military installation.

“We also realize that there are unique issues dealt with by military commanders regarding the security of sensitive areas and maintaining good order and discipline.

“Military commanders should use extreme caution when limiting these rights of the brave men and women under their command, and should do so only when absolutely necessary to secure extremely sensitive areas which are secured by an on-site Quick Reaction Force and only as necessary to ensure order and discipline within the ranks.

“As such, we support the U.S. Naval Aviators who have requested permission of their command to exercise their right to bear arms in defense of themselves and our nation. No service member should ever find themselves in harm’s way unarmed due to a general reluctance of their commanders. Disarming any of the brave men and women of our military should be the exception, not the rule.”

Alan Gottlieb, founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, was quoted by WALA, a Fox News affiliate, criticizing what appears to be a continued “gun-free zone” policy of the military started in 1992 under then-President George H.W. Bush, that prohibited personal firearms on military bases.

“It really does not work,” Gottlieb said. “Again, what they’ve done is they’ve made our military bases so-called gun-free zones. And all they’ve really become is victim-disarmament zones, and people have no means of defending themselves. And it just doesn’t work. It’s proven it hasn’t worked. It’s really kind of a stupid policy. And I hope Congress changes it.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter