Trump-backed ICE raids have ALREADY started in California ahead of thousands of immigrants being rounded up nationwide this weekend, claim lawyers…(10…)

Friday, July 12, 2019
By Paul Martin

ICE raids are planned to start Sunday with 2,000 people expected to be arrested
Some Bay Area attorneys claim raids began in Contra Costa County last Sunday
Yesterday they demanded information from ICE federal offices in San Francisco
Nancy Pelosi said agents must have a judicial warrant to enter immigrants home

By BRYONY JEWELL
DAILYMAIL.COM
12 July 2019

ICE raids have already started in California, ahead of plans to round up thousands of immigrants across the U.S. this weekend, according to a group of lawyers.

Attorneys from the Bay Area of San Francisco have claimed the raids are underway and began in Contra Costa County this past Sunday.

They also claimed that ICE was refusing to let detainees know they can have access to legal help, reports KRON4.

On Sunday authorities will begin arresting at least 2,000 immigrant families eligible for deportation in a nationwide series of raids long threatened by President Trump.

Several politicians including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi have spoken out about the raids informing immigrants they don’t have to answer the door unless ICE officials can show them a valid warrant.

Yesterday the group of Bay Area attorneys went to the federal ICE offices in San Francisco to demand information about the threat of raids this weekend.

Attorney Siobhan Waldron said: ‘ICE is not only targeting those without immigration status, but those with status, so everyone must must educate themselves.

She explained how ICE cannot come into a house without a warrant signed by a judge and said they ‘almost never’ have this.

Ms Waldron said ‘do not open the door’ before adding: ‘There is a history of prohibiting attorney access here in San Francisco and at a new facility in Stockton.’

Trump forewarned of the operation in June, but it was delayed partly because of disagreements within the administration, the New York Times reported on Thursday.

The paper revealed that ICE has obtained court orders for the removal of about one million undocumented migrants, according to a senior administration official, but the initial raids will target some 2,000 across at least 10 cities.

Immigrant advocates said the advance word of the raids could enable at least some of those targeted to evade arrest.

The operation would target some 2,000 families whose immigration cases had been expedited in a special court docket and resulted in deportation orders.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter