Report: Four US Soldiers Killed, Three Wounded in ISIS-Claimed Attack in Syria

Wednesday, January 16, 2019
By Paul Martin

by Kristinn Taylor
TheGatewayPundit.com
January 16, 2019

Four U.S. service members were killed and three were wounded in a suicide bomb attack in Manbij, Syria Wednesday, a U.S. official reportedly told Reuters. The deadly attack was claimed by ISIS, however the claim is not yet confirmed.

“A witness in the city said the attack had targeted a restaurant where U.S. personnel were meeting members of the local militia that Washington backs there.The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group said 16 people had been killed in all, including two Americans. A militia source in north Syria also said two U.S. troops had been killed.”

Operation Inherent Resolve posted about the attack, confirming U.S. fatalities, “U.S. service members were killed during an explosion while conducting a routine patrol in Syria today. We are still gathering information and will share additional details at a later time.”

The attack comes about a month after President Trump announced he was ordering U.S. troops out of Syria, having completed their main goal of abolishing the ISIS caliphate, though pockets of ISIS fighters remain in control of small amounts of territory in Syria. Trump’s decision has been controversial, prompting the resignation/firing of Secretary of Defense James Mattis in December and causing liberal critics of “endless wars” to demand the U.S. stay in Syria, even though Trump has committed to keeping U.S. troops in neighboring Iraq in part to intervene in Syria when necessary.

Photos and videos of the attack and its aftermath were posted online. (Warning: graphic.)

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter