Trump says he’ll use ‘as many troops as necessary’ to take on mile-long migrant caravan which ‘includes people from the Middle East and deportees eager to get back to the US’

Tuesday, October 23, 2018
By Paul Martin

Trump said on Monday he would use ‘as many troops as necessary’ to stop the caravan from entering the US
He has already said he will commit US Army troops and not National Guardsmen to fight the crowds
The president also believes there are ‘people from the Middle East’ and MS-13 gang members in the caravan
The enormous group swelled to 7,200 on Tuesday as Guatemalans joined the group as they entered Mexico
A second caravan has reportedly formed around 200 miles behind the first one and is following their path
Among those in the first group are deportees who say this is their chance to get back into America

By DAVID MARTOSKO
DAILYMAIL.COM
23 October 2018

President Trump has doubled down on his claim that there are dangerous people ‘from the Middle East’ among the 7,200-strong migrant caravan making its way towards the US and says he will spare no expense or resource in stopping them from entering the country.

Speaking on board Air Force One on Monday night, the president told USA Today that he was prepared to send ‘as many troops as necessary’ to stop the thousands of Hondurans and Guatemalans making their way to the border.

Repeating his earlier remark that the Democrats were to blame for it, he said: ‘I think this could be a blessing in disguise because it shows how bad our laws are. The Democrats are responsible for that.’

He was on his way to a campaign rally in support of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz where he described the caravan as an ‘assault on the country’ that the Democrats were to blame for.

As he spoke, a second caravan of thousands of additional migrants made their way through Guatemala.

Now, the original caravan, which is in southern Mexico, is a mile long. It remains unclear exactly how many are in the second batch but they are making fast progress through Guatemala.

Among them in both camps are deportees who say they are determined to resume their old American lives despite being thrown out either by Trump’s administration or those before him.

Job Reyes, a 36-year-old who was previously deported, told The Washington Post: ‘It’s time for me to go back to the United States. It’s a country where I can live my life, unlike Guatemala.

‘When I heard about the caravan, I knew it was my chance.’

The UN has warned that many of those making the journey are at risk of being kidnapped or trafficked as they gradually walk through Mexico.

Adrian Edwards, a spokesman for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, said Tuesday in Geneva the agency is concerned about ‘the developing humanitarian situation and the known kidnapping and security risks in areas the caravan may venture into.’

‘In any situation like this it is essential that people have the chance to request asylum and have their international protection needs properly assessed, before any decision on return (or) deportation is made,’ he added.

President Trump is however confident that the migrants pose the biggest threat.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter