Pictured curled up in failure: Brooklyn-based Bangladeshi cab driver, 27, in a suicide vest who caused rush hour panic in Manhattan when his homemade pipe bomb went off early

Monday, December 11, 2017
By Paul Martin

A pipe bomb went off in an underground tunnel linking the Times Square subway station and the Port Authority bus terminal Monday morning
Police have taken one man into custody, who was wearing the homemade explosive
The suspect has been identified as 27-year-old Bangladeshi national Akayed Ullah, who has been living in the U.S. for seven years
Former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton said the suspect ‘supposedly was setting the device off in the name of ISIS’ and that it was ‘definitely a terrorist attack, definitely intended’
CNN reports that the bomb detonated prematurely and that if it had gone off as intended the damage could have been catastrophic
The FDNY says three other people reported to local hospitals for minor injuries like ringing in the ears and headaches
The incident happened just days after President Trump sparked demonstrations across the world by recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital city
One of the largest demonstrations took place in Muslim-majority Bangladesh

11 December 2017

A Bangladeshi national in his 20s has been taken into custody with serious injuries after a suspected pipe bomb he was carrying malfunctioned and exploded prematurely inside a Midtown Manhattan subway station Monday morning.

It was the second time in two months that New York City was the target of a terrorist attack, and the first on U.S. soil since President Trump last week sparked Muslim outrage around the world by identifying Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

The explosion happened around 7:20am, in an underground tunnel linking the Port Authority Bus Terminal to Times Square. The underground tunnel is a major thoroughfare for workers during the morning rush hour.

The suspect, identified as 27-year-old Akayed Ullah, was walking east towards Times Square when a ‘low-tech’ explosive attached to his body with Velcro and zip ties device partially exploded. Another five-inch metal pipe bomb was found on his person. A photo from the scene shows Ullah crumpled up on the ground of the tunnel as police took him into custody. He was then rushed to Bellevue Hospital to be treated for serious burns and cuts to his abdomen and hands.

Three other people also reported to local hospitals for minor injuries like ringing in the ears and headaches.
Law enforcement sources who spoke to the New York Post says Ullah is speaking to investigators at the hospital, and says he carried out the attack in revenge for his people.

‘They’ve been bombing in my country and I wanted to do damage here,’ Ullah said, according to the sources.
It’s unclear what bombing Ullah was referring to, since the Bangladesh is one of the U.S.’s largest allies in southeast Asia. However, it is home to many Rohingya Muslims, refugees from Myanmar.

The sources say Ullah told them that he made the bomb at the electrical company that he works for.
There have also been reports that Ullah – a former taxi driver – was inspired by ISIS.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter