‘One week I was running from bullets, the next I was running from fire’: Flight attendant who survived Las Vegas concert massacre now sees her home destroyed by killer Californian wildfires

Sunday, October 15, 2017
By Paul Martin

Michella Flores, 51, was caught in the middle of two tragedies in as many weeks
Flight attendant was at the Route 91 Harvest festival in Las Vegas on October 1
Fled from the gunfire that killed 58 and wounded hundreds at the concert
A week later her home in Santa Rosa, California was destroyed by wildfire
Flores kept working multiple jobs throughout, fueling fire planes to fight blaze

15 October 2017

A flight attendant who survived the Las Vegas mass shooting only to have her California home destroyed by wildfire has spoken out about her odds-defying ordeal.

Michella Flores, a 51-year-old former firefighter and paramedic, kept working multiple jobs without taking a day off through a shooting that killed 58 and wildfires that have killed 38 so far.

‘Last Sunday, I was running from bullets,’ Flores told KTVU. ‘This Sunday, I was running from fire.’

Flores had flown in to Las Vegas on the morning of October 1, a Sunday, and was waiting for her next job on a flight on Monday night.

She stayed at the Hooters Hotel, which offers discounts to flight crews, right across the street from the Route 91 Harvest festival.

A longtime country music fan with nothing better to do in Sin City, Flores wandered over and was watching Jason Aldean perform from the sidewalk of Las Vegas Boulevard when shots rang out overhead.

‘That’s when everybody started screaming and coming out of the festival screaming, ‘Shooter!” Flores told CNN. ‘I ran down Las Vegas Boulevard.’

Flores took cover in the conference room of a nearby casino, barricading herself inside with other festival-goers and waiting in terror for the all-clear hours later.

‘You’re sitting there waiting for someone to open the door and be shot,’ she said. ‘It drove me nuts.’

When she returned to her hotel, the bodies on the trash-strewn festival grounds were visible from her window.

Flores didn’t sleep that night, but she had a job to do the next day on a flight to Boston, and she worked the next four days straight.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter