US to Pause Naval Operations Worldwide After USS John McCain Crash

Monday, August 21, 2017
By Paul Martin

SputnikNews.com
21.08.2017

The US Navy will pause operations worldwide amid a series of collisions, the most recent between the destroyer John S. McCain and a merchant ship, Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson said.

“This trend demands more forceful action. As such I’ve directed an operational pause be taken in all of our fleets around the world,” Richardson said.

Earlier on Monday, five sailors were injured after the McCain collided with the Alnic MC near the Malacca straits. Four sailors were taken to local hospitals and the injury of the fifth sailor did not require hospital assistance.

Secretary of Defense James Mattis said that a probe into recent collisions has been launched. The defense secretary said there is a separate investigation underway that would determine what happened to US destroyer John S. McCain, which is damaged after colliding with an oil tanker off the coast of Singapore.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply

Join the Revolution - Enter Any Donation Amount Below to Revolution Radio!