Five jihadis ‘in suicide belts’ are killed and seven people injured as gunfire erupts in beach resort south of Barcelona in SECOND terror outrage hours after 13 died in van attack on Las Ramblas

Friday, August 18, 2017
By Paul Martin

Five terror suspects are dead after a second terror attack near Barcelona in eight hours left seven people hurt
The jihadis were gunned down by police in the beach resort of Cambrils, 70 miles from Barcelona
The men, apparently wearing suicide belts, had tried to kill pedestrians with a car before it crashed
Earlier a terrorist in a van killed 13 and injured more than 100 on Barcelona’s iconic Las Ramblas promenade
Police said the attacks were linked, as was an explosion on Wednesday in a third resort town that killed one
Officers now think the blast was a bomb factory exploding and more than 20 butane gas canisters were found
One man was arrested after being pulled from the rubble and a second man was held after handing himself in

17 August 2017

Five terrorists were shot dead by police early today after they attempted a second vehicle attack in a beach resort south of Barcelona hours after an atrocity in that city killed 13.

Seven members of the public including a policeman were hurt in the new attack in Cambrils, 70 miles from Barcelona, which saw the jihadis’ car overturn before armed police gunned down the suspects.

Footage from the scene showed bodies apparently wearing suicide belts strewn around the seafront. Bystanders had jumped onto the beach when gunshots rang out at around 1am local time.

The carnage unfolded eight hours after a terrorist ploughed a large van at 60mph into crowds of people on Barcelona’s iconic tree-lined Las Ramblas promenade, which witnesses described as ‘jam-packed’ with summer holidaymakers.

That attack left more than 100 injured with men, women and children mowed down where they stood, with one witness describing a ‘tidal wave of people with fear in their eyes’.

The van driver fled on foot and it was unclear if he went on to be involved in the Cambrils attack. Terror group ISIS claimed responsibility for the massacre.

In the aftermath of the Barcelona attack, two men were arrested and third shot dead as he rammed officers at a police roadblock set up to snare the terrorists, but officials said that incident appeared unrelated to the terror attack.

Police said the terror cell had been based in the resort town of Alcanar, 120 miles south of Barcelona, where a house that police now believe was being used as a bomb factory was destroyed in an explosion on Wednesday.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter