“It’s As If The Whole City Fell Down” – Towns Collapse After Strongest Quake In 35 Years Hits Italy

Sunday, October 30, 2016
By Paul Martin

by Tyler Durden
ZeroHedge.com
Oct 30, 2016

On Wednesday, when we reported on the latest set of powerful, shallow quakes to strike central Italy, which themselves were aftershocks of the deadly August 24 earthquake which killed 300 people and injured many more, we quoted Salvatore Mazza, the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology who said that “The earthquake today has further disrupted the tectonic plates, and in the coming hours we may see aftershocks of today‚Äôs earthquake on top of those from August 24”, and concluded that it is likely that more quakes are coming.

We didn’t have long to wait, and overnight central Italy was hit by another powerful earthquake Sunday, toppling buildings that had recently withstood other major quakes and sending panicked residents back into the streets, but luckily causing no immediate loss of life. That there were no reports of deaths was largely due to the fact that thousands of residents left their homes after two strong jolts last week shook the same mountainous area.

As AP reports, the quake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.6 was the strongest to strike the country in nearly 36 years.

Some 20 people were injured, many lightly, authorities said.

The Rest…HERE

Leave a Reply

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter