N. Korea pledges attack on US mainland if ‘high-density strike’ military drills go ahead

Tuesday, February 23, 2016
By Paul Martin

RT.com
23 Feb, 2016

North Korea has threatened to attack South Korea and the United States if the two allies conduct joint drills in March. Pyongyang says the exercises are preparations for war and says it will retaliate.

“All the powerful strategic and tactical strike means of our revolutionary armed forces will go into preemptive and just operation to beat back the enemy forces to the last man if there is a slight sign of their special operation forces and equipment moving to carry out the so-called ‘beheading operation’ and ‘high-density strike,'” the Supreme Command of the Korean People’s Army said in a statement carried by state media, according to Reuters.

Pyongyang says its first targets would be South Korea’s presidential Blue House, while secondary targets would include US military bases in Asia and on the US mainland. There are approximately 28,500 US troops stationed in South Korea.

The South Korean presidential office said Tuesday that Seoul has a duty to protect the lives of its citizens from threats posed by North Korea.

The government “would firmly respond to North Korea’s reckless provocations” with an unwavering principle, Cheong Wa Dae, from South Korea’s presidential office said, as cited by the Yonhap news agency.

On Monday, South Korea announced that it would take part in a “preemptive strike” on simulated North Korean weapons silos, following Pyongyang’s rocket launch and a nuclear test earlier this year.

The exercise, to be conducted with the US, would see more than 90,000 South Koreans and 15,000 Americans taking part.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter