‘We discovered the judge in bed, a pillow over his head’: Ranch owner describes moment he discovered Justice Scalia – as autopsy is ruled out following death from ‘natural causes’

Monday, February 15, 2016
By Paul Martin

Presidio County Judge Cinderela Guevara said Scalia’s death will be officially listed under the technical term, myocardial infarction
She also revealed he went to see his DC physician just last Thursday, who informed her the judge had been sick last week
The owner of the ranch where Scalia died said he was in ‘complete repose’
John Poindexter said Scalia was ‘lying very restfully’ and had ‘obviously passed away with no difficulty’ during the night
He had been at a dinner party the night before, but retired to bed early
US marshals accompanied a hearse carrying Scalia’s body to the airport
It arrived at Dulles Airport in Virginia late Sunday night

By Anneta Konstantinides and Wills Robinson
15 February 2016

The body of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia arrived in Virginia late Sunday night after being flown from Texas where he died of ‘natural causes’ during a hunting trip on Saturday.

Scalia’s body was taken from the Sunset Funeral Homes to the airport in El Paso Sunday afternoon after his family decided a private autopsy wasn’t necessary and requested his remains be flown as soon as possible.

John Poindexter, who found the 79-year-old Justice dead in his room in the El Presidente suite at the Cibolo Creek Ranch in Texas, said Scalia looked peaceful.

‘We discovered the judge in bed, a pillow over his head. His bed clothes were unwrinkled. He was lying very restfully,’ Poindexter, the owner of the ranch, said.

Poindexter first went to Scalia’s room at 8.30am on Saturday, but the door was locked and his knocks went unanswered.

He returned three hours later with a friend of Scalia’s, who had come with him from Washington DC to the ranch.

Poindexter said Scalia was ‘stone cold’ and did not have a pulse. After the owner and Scalia’s friend called 911, local authorities and several US Marshals arrived at the ranch.

‘The judge…was in complete repose. He was very peaceful in the bed,’ Poindexter told NBC News.

‘He had obviously passed away with no difficulty at all in the middle of the night.’

‘Among the most commonly said things yesterday was, if this had to happen, and we’re really sad that it did, but if it had to happen, it happened in the very best of circumstances.

‘He seemed to enjoy himself greatly.’

Scalia arrived at the ranch, which is south of Marfa, Texas, around noon on Friday. Poindexter said the judge had a ‘jolly lunch’ and then observed as some of the guests hunted quail.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter