Japanese Plan for South China Sea Foray Meets With Chinese Warning

Sunday, November 22, 2015
By Paul Martin

SputnikNews.com
22.11.2015

After Japan offered to dispatch its Self-Defense Forces to the South China Sea in a discussion with the US, China responded by warning that it will be on high alert for Japanese military intervention there.

China is “on high alert” for any intervention by the Japanese in the South China Sea, after Japanese President Shinzo Abe last week told US President Barack Obama that he will consider sending Japan’s Self-Defense Forces there, Xinhua reported on Friday.

“China firmly safeguards navigation freedom of various countries in the South China Sea in accordance with international laws,” Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei told a press briefing on Friday.

“In the meantime, China is strongly against any country using the excuse of navigation and overflight freedom to engage in activities threatening the sovereignty and security of other nations, and facilitating regional militarization,” said Hong.

Japanese President Abe made the remark to Obama on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit on Thursday, reported the Japan Times.

“With regard to activity by the Self-Defense Forces in the South China Sea, I will consider it while focusing on what effect the situation has on Japan’s security,” Abe reportedly said.

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter