Saudi Arabia confirms 3 new MERS cases

Thursday, April 10, 2014
By Paul Martin

Robert Roos
CIDRAP News
Apr 10, 2014

Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Health reported three new Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) cases today, while the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed five previously reported cases.

All three Saudi cases are from Jeddah, which has seen a spate of recent cases, according to a translated MOH statement on the Avian Flu Diary infectious disease blog. The patients are 29, 34, and 70 years old, but their genders are not provided. The oldest MERS patient is in intensive care, the MOH said, while the others are in stable condition.

The ministry also said that 217 samples tested during the latest testing period were negative for the virus.

The new cases bring the Saudi MERS-CoV count to 182, including 67 fatal cases.

Five WHO-confirmed cases

The Rest…HERE

Comments are closed.

Join the revolution in 2018. Revolution Radio is 100% volunteer ran. Any contributions are greatly appreciated. God bless!

Follow us on Twitter